Recently, I heard from my buddy that you can actually submit your passport renewal application online and the service level is 2 hours ready for collection. Yup, that 's what I did because time is $$$ for working people like me and the queue will make you go crazy at the immigration office.
How to apply online
- Visit MyOnline*Passport.
- Choose your age category: (either below 18 years old or above 18 years old)
- Insert your passport number, IC number and type of passport.
- Upload your latest passport sized photo (maximum file size is 25kb)
- Select the location to pick up your passport.
- Make online payment via secured portal (RM100 for 2 years and RM300 for 5 years) where you will receive a code through your mobile phone to complete the transaction.
- Print out the official receipt or reprint anytime from the portal.
Terms & conditions
- The applicant must be present at the selected Immigration Office for collection.
- The passport photo must be taken back within 3 months before the application date. (Do not use the same photo in your old passport, definitely get rejected)
- Your current passport must be in good condition and is a biometric (chip-based) passport.
Why I like this
- You can apply anytime and collect at time and place convenient to you
- You can track your application status
- You will get a call from Immigration Office if your uploaded photo fail to meet their criteria.
- Less waiting at the counter, you will still need to wait minimum 30 minutes if the passport photo submitted fail to meet the criteria.
- Secured online credit card payment (FPX is disabled during my application)
- Get everyone wondering how you can get VIP service (someone ask me why I got mine so quick)
I paid RM300 for 5 years validity on my passport. You can opt for less if you're a seasonal traveller and this online facility makes your life easier.